Oodles with Noodle

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Peek-a-Boo, Here I am.

Wow, I feel like a lifetime has passed since last I blogged. Friday I started a working marathon & literaly worked more hours in 5 days than I did the entire month of January. January was pathetic to say the least but wow. Carl was headed to Washington D.C. and I snuck in the office while he was gone...I have itchy fingers when I find things that NEED to get done. I found a LOT of things that NEEDED to get done & I really NEEDED the hours(translate to cash) so it was a win/win!

Gage had his 2nd cavity filled last this week. Both daddy & I cringe at the fact he has my teeth! Ughhhhhhh! Can I just say after 2 cavities we now have over $500 in his little tiny mouth. Forget college I'm going to need an investment plan to pay for dental. Anyway, he was incredible/brave/awesome.... After the "terror" of his first filling (including being strapped to the chair in what looked like a straight jacket and getting a fat lip from them trying to pry his mouth open), he hopped right up in the chair, opened his mouth for Dr. D and flirted shamelessly with the ladies. I think it definately help that Dr. D is a woman. While they were getting setup he checked out ALL the instruments they would be using in his mouth then hopped right back up into the chair for nitros...thats my boy! We laughed about how he looked like a space man with the mask. He breathed through his nose like a champ and then looked at me & say... "mommy, you can go now." Wow! I was so proud & sad at the same time. He did amazing. No crying during the novacaine but when his mount started going numb (actually when his nose went numb) and they put all the stuff in his mouth he protested. Dr. D is so fast that before I could think about closing the book I brought and taking a walk into the hallway, she was done. The BAD news is he has 1 more. Good god, 3 cavities at age 3. He brushes I SWEAR!!!!!! He even has a tickly tooth brush. I will be having a conversation with Dr. D to see if there is anything we can do to help strengthen his enamle. We already started with taking floride (Bug too) so hopefully that will do something to the adult teeth he has up there. We can hope! If he has to have my teeth I just hope he has my eyes too and won't need glasses like daddy!

Reece is talking up a storm. Most of it is not actual words but the inflection is definately conversational. She sings, mimics, yells...she has discovered her voice & likes what she hears...and volume is not an issue. She has such a cute walk. Such a girl walk with a little rump shake! She & brother have been playing chase every night for the last few nights (which is great for mom since it wears them out & they fall asleep much faster). I have to say, Gage will be the one who just does stuff & will take the consiquences if he gets caught...but Bug....oh man, she is going to be the sly/sneeky one. (Yeah Nana & Papa, she is going to be PAY BACK to me) It is so fun to watch her now but it just gives us flashes into our future. Can you get a valium filter for your furnace? Surely that will be an option when she hits her teen years. She is doing much better with the "biting" thing...with most everyone but poor big brother (not that he doesn't deserve a good chomp every now & again :) I am weening her off of the bottle this week. She has refused milk in anything but a bottle. She will drink anything else in her cups...but NOT MILK. Today we tried milk in a sippy before her morning nap, she did drink 1/2 while I read 8 books. I have one more bottle liner for her night-time milk tomorrow night and that's it. I have found that she loves to drink water. I filled up her cup with water in a mad dash to get out of the house the other day and before we left the driveway she had more than 1/2 drank. AWESOME!!!! I have been working with Gage on water too...getting away from those sugary juices...even though we only use 100% juice that natural sugar is kicking butt on his teeth!

Well I think that is enough for tonight. I just took a bunch of pix tonight of the kids in a bath so I'll try to post them tomorrow (in Keri-nese that means a week from tomorrow).

Open your hearts & your minds to new experiences & ways of thought, you never know what you might learn.

PS On baby news (god no not me!) my Bro & SIL (that's sister-in-law) are pregnant with ONE healthy jelly belly baby. She has a copy of the ultrasound pic posted on her blog.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like my mind closed thanks. =P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home