Oodles with Noodle

Saturday, January 07, 2006

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

still tired. I pulled out 5 hours (not in a row mind you) of sleep last night; and I snuck in an hour & 1/2 nap today ~ thank goodness. Only need about 43 1/2 more to catch up ha ha ha.


We had an awesome date last night (thank you Tara & Ave for watching the kiddos). There was an appreciation dinner & Top Tech award presentation to 10 technicians in Fort Collins....my hubby was one of them! The speaker was extremely interesting...I am not sure if it was the week of conversation with Gage & Reece that made me so desperate for intellectual information or what. Dr Bryan Willson with accolades & accomplishments to long for this blogsite, head of the Engine & Energy Research Lab at CSU presented information on past/current/future research and developments on cleaner running engines. I was amazed at the amount of this type of technology that has come out of Colorado...especially Fort Collins....that is used all over the world. I could go on & on but I won't. All I can say is I was enthralled with the information and excited about what they are able to do, are doing and what they will be doing with new fuel types, engines, etc and how much cleaner they are/will be.

After the dinner (with the Mayor), we joined a group of Markleys people celebrating the retirement of one of the long time (43 years) body shop guys. Markleys was his 1st and last job....over 40 years in one place...just think about it. We only caught the end social time but had so much fun with some friends away from the KIDS. Mommy REALLY needed it!

Well I'm off to bed, hoping for a solid 8 hours uninterrupted...hey sometimes wishes do come true...that's what Cinderella says. Wishing you all pleasant slumbering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home