Oodles with Noodle

Thursday, December 29, 2005

MIA

I feel like I have been missing in action. It has been so long since I blogged...I feel as though I could write a book ~ I won't, rest assured. But lets update:

Illness has hit our house & doesn't seem to want to let go. Gage brought a little cold home from school which Brian immediately caught. Reece followed suit & I seemed unaffected (for a short while). I had my own problems with my back. Things seemed to be clearing up for Christmas but with all the excitement and changes in nap/sleeping schedules...it got worse. Gage's small cold turned into awful coughing. Reece's runny nose turned into a faucet. Brian's cold added stomach problems...and I got the cold. I am thankful that I have the mildest case (much more with back pain would be more than I would like to handle). The kids are on antibiotics. Reece is doing much better but Gage's cough...is not!

Physical therapy is AMAZING. I can't believe it took me this long to get started. I was told in Junior High that I needed PT...and I can't tell you how many doctors over the years have told me that too... it just seemed like something too big to start. Boy was I WRONG!!!!! They have been doing ultrasound on my back muscles and last night started me on an aggressive exercise program to strengthen my middle back. Ouch...but in a healing strengthening way.

Christmas was fantastic. Brian & I slept less than Gage on Christmas eve. We both kept waking up looking at the clock anticipating the barrage of gift opening. There were only 2 duplicate gifts and there really wasn't anything the kids didn't love! Gage is so excited with all his Star Wars stuff and Krypto the Super Dog stuff. He can't wait go to camping with his new tent set. Reece plays will all brother's stuff (until he plays with her toys) and loves all her blocks/balls, books, dolls, stuffed animals, activity table...etc No toy is left out. It did look like a toy store had thrown up in our living room Christmas evening though. After Christmas decorations are put up we will be sifting through old toys for a LARGE donation.

Reece's birthday was very quiet & low key. With all of us being sick we stuck close to home. I made cupcakes instead of a large cake (we will do that at her party). Reece devoured her cupcake. It was hilarious. She picked the whole thing up and stuck it in her face. I'll post pictures. She has no quams about getting her face & fingers dirty like her big brother does.

Well I promised no book...too late. Hope your holiday was filled with happiness. Enjoy your new years and be safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home